Friday 25 July 2014

Summer Holidays

Thank goodness the summer holidays are finally here!  We have been so busy over the past couple of months and I am looking forward to some time at home catching up on all the little jobs that need doing around the place.
Every summer my garden turns into a jungle, so this week I have been trying to tame it.
 At the same time I have been enjoying the butterflies that visit our garden.











It has been 28'C plus most days and I have enjoyed sitting on this bench in the shade knitting my Pebble Beach Shawlette.
At the allotment we are harvesting lots of peas, beans
and of course courgettes!
Most evenings we are eating raspberries for our dessert.
Last Sunday we went to Farnborough Air Show.
Great War Display Team
Breitling Wingwalkers
Aerostars
A400M
Avro Vulcan
The Red Arrows

Eurofighter Typhoon
AV8B Harrier
Trescal Starduster
Back down to Earth!
This week I have also completed my contribution to World Pomination! 30 pompoms!
And this photo of a rather soggy moggy brings me up-to-date.  Poor Maurice caught out in the storm we had here this afternoon.

4 comments:

littleRamstudio said...

Great photo's as ever.

Poor Maurice, such a sulky little face!

Heather:)

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Heather, don't feel sorry for Maurice, he loves going hunting in the rain and had just brought a gift home for us! I think the noise of the rain covers any sound he may make so he can creep up on the poor little mice! He is happy for me to dry him with a towel once he has finished hunting! :) Pj x

Jane said...

Amazing photos Pj, I love the butterflies and your flowers and photographing moving aircraft can't be an easy task! What yarn are you using for your shawl? It's lovely. Thank you again for the poppy seeds.
Jane x
PS Maurice is a cutie

thesnailgarden said...

Hi Jane, the yarn is Luminosity by The Skein Queen. It's mulberry silk and it beautiful to knit with. Glad the seeds arrived. Best wishes, Pj x