Monday 13 April 2015

Our Easter Holidays

 Our Easter holidays have been a little disjointed this year! M came home from uni earlier than J, which has meant that she has already returned to uni, whilst J is still at home.  My husband had a week and a half off work and is back today, whilst I am now halfway through my Easter holidays!  We managed to visit my parents in Norfolk for a few days, but unfortunately it was timed with my coming down with a flu-like bug!  It is unusual for me to be ill, so this really was bad timing!!  I managed to drag myself around Norwich one day and we popped into a couple of craft shops another day, but I was exhausted and in bed by 6pm!  Luckily I don't seem to have passed it on to anyone else.  I took very few photos whilst we were away; a sure sign that something wasn't right! :)
I took this basket of plants as a gift for my Mum

 and came home with a few purchases:-
some Merino fibre and hand-dyed silk for spinning
 and some fabric for project bags and a cushion.

 Back home we spent a quiet couple of days whilst I recovered.
Luckily I had made a our Simnel cake
and some Easter rocky road before we went away, ready for our return.
 We are on a health kick so most of the baking was for the children, but I have had some cake and hot cross buns! :)
The weather has been glorious, so mid week we went to RHS Wisley.



The scented displays in the glasshouse were amazingly perfumed!

 There were many beautiful orchids on display.  I particularly like the green orchids
 and wacky shaped ones.

 Outside the trees were full of blossom.


Magnolia x loebneri Ballerina.

 Stachyurus chinensis
 I always like to visit the Alpine House.
Primula auricula Purple Velvet.

The meadow was carpeted with spring blooms.
 Narcissus cyclamineus with primulas.
 Brimstone butterfly on Pulmonaria.
 It was a glorious day and we even got a little sun tanned!
 Over the weekend we popped down to Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth for a spot of shopping
 and we were lucky to get two free tickets to see this film.
 Both my husband and I enjoyed it.
At home our garden is full of spring flowers and I have been busy at the allotment and in the greenhouse, but I shall save that for a separate post so that this one doesn't turn into another mega post! :) x

4 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

What glorious flowers! Ah, a new film with Alan Rickman and Kate Winslet, two of my favorite actors.

Jane said...

Lovely pics Pj, that was bad luck getting the bug, hope you're feeling better now. I quite like the look of the Alan Rickman film, how lovely to get a preview. Have a good week. Jane x

thesnailgarden said...

Thank you Jane, I am now fully recovered. I am just glad that I didn't pass it on to anyone.
The film was well acted and as a gardener and a fan of Alan Rickman I enjoyed it! :) Pj x

littleRamstudio said...

Lovely floral photos as ever.
Heather :)